Tuesday 5 October 2010

Shocking Twist

So, Omega pointed out something interesting on The Tutorial.

"SamJaz, your reason for being able to hurt Slender Man was that you hit him with iron. Okay, I can sorta see that; iron has often been considered a weakness of mystical creatures.
One major flaw in it, though.

No one makes axes made of iron anymore. They're all made of steel. While steel is partially iron, pretty much every myth about iron hurting creatures requires pure iron. Finding an ax made of iron would be almost impossible in today's times, and it's highly unlikely that you'd just have one lying around. Same for the crowbar which weakened you when you picked it up; that would have either been made of steel or some other alloy. Iron tools are practically nonexistent nowadays."

I checked my axe, and yes, it's made of steel.

Which raises the question: How did it work?

Will any dense metal work if it's attached to wood? Does a modern monster require a modern metal? Did it only work because Either I or Slenderman thought it was iron? If that was the case, then that provides strong support for M's 'Belief creates Slenderman' theory. But if that was the case, then it wouldn't matter what I wrote here, because if anything was believed to hurt him, then by the laws of belief, then it would.

Fact or fiction, does that matter any more? Is it like Persona 2, spread a rumour and it becomes true? I don't know, and I don't want to be the one to test it.

I've also been told that Breaker's probably playing with me. I haven't killed him yet, and I haven't let him off yet. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment