Friday 8 October 2010

Fallacies and Breaker

Well, I am an idiot.

First off, I want to thank Omega for saving my bloody life by pointing out that my axe and the crowbar were, in fact, NOT made of iron, but steel.

So, I did some testing. Neither Iron, Steel, Wood, Salt, Glue or any mixture of them had any effect on Breaker.
At all. No reaction.
Know what did work?

An axe in his face.

I might need to explain. Over the past couple of days, I've been losing my slender powers. Cut's aren't closing before my eyes, no more psychic typing, no super-intimidation, nada. It's been almost a fortnight since I ate the damn arm, so maybe I just ran out of slender juice.

But, because of that, Breaker's hallowing failed, and he recovered and attacked. It MIGHT have been because I was trying to make him hurt before, but I think he just hates me.

So, I ran. He stopped chasing me once I grabbed the axe on reflex, then I remembered my theory on axes cutting down trees.

Just realised this now, but M reckons that Slendermen gain power from belief. I don't believe that we created them though believing, but that theory probably holds some weight. And if that's the case, then why shouldn't it go both ways?

Anyway, I just jumped to the easy conclusion before. I forgot to mention that due to the fact that Slenderman fucking ripped my ribcage open last week, I haven't been sleeping well, which was PROBABLY the reason I needed a lie down after using a crowbar to shift some large rocks (Dad was doing the levering, I was pushing the rocks and transporting the crowbar).

So, here's my advice. NEVER go for the easy option. NEVER assume the most logical solution is the right one. NEVER write something off as impossible until you have tested it thoroughly, even if it IS going right for you. If I tried using a knife against Slenderman, thinking Iron was the weakness, I'd be dead or worse.

As it happens, I dumped the mutilated corpse of Breaker in the woods and called the police anonymously. I doubt it'll show on the news, but let me tell you that they can be hurt. Unless he's fucking with me, they can be killed.
That's something else I've been told a lot. Wifin'. I'm assuming this is from those 'Twenty Dolla' videos, which I've yet to see, but seriously? Have you no survival plans?

I mean, assuming Slenderman originated from belief on the internet and our thoughts give him strength. Someone then comes with a possible, and believable method of fighting him, and you call bullshit? I mean, regardless of the fact that I actually am fighting him, let's assume I'm some twelve year old that wants everyone on the internet to think he's a big man, and I'm spreading the rumour about how awesome I am for beating Slenderman.

Why would you go against that? WHY would you stop that kind of rumour from spreading? Who cares if you believe it, someone will. If plenty of people say that it's true, and add to the lies, then eventually, it WILL become true.

If it wasn't for the fact that the axes do work regardless, then we'd have lost a potential weapon through impatience and honestly being tired with trolls.

I am not Wifin, though it turns out that Breaker, no, Slenderman was messing with me, at least until he had enough will to attack me. Thankfully, he was still sluggish and I was keeping that axe nearby.

Near enough.

Another lucky event.

I won't get lucky like this again. There's another Slenderman that was this one's partner.

I've taken Breaker's hat and I'm wearing it right now. A fedora I think it's called.
I can see the other Slenderman on the street. Kids are asleep in bed, mum and dad are out, my brother's got his girlfriend over. I have the axe propped on the table.

Just having this axe doesn't make me invincible. It just means that the battle is winnable. He can still fuck with time. He can still fuck with space. He can still sap my will and most importantly, he still has eight arms to rip me to bloody pieces with, only this time, I don't have regeneration to save my ass if I screw up.

I'm not going to fight. Not right now. It's half eight and I just ate. It's cold and I'm pretty tired.

Tomorrow.
I'll fight him on my terms, when I'm ready, and when I can win.
Tonight, I sleep and rest.

Big day tomorrow. I double the number of slender people killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment